Clever Design for Small Space Living
Making the best of your small space can be a challenge, but with the right planning, you can do a lot with a little. At Versa Style Design we believe that bigger isn’t always better, in fact many clients are selling their large high-maintenance properties and downsizing to simpler living so they have more time for other priorities.
In and around the region of Montreal there is definitely an increasing trend toward more compact urban lofts, condos and town houses. Studies reveal that many people are choosing smaller homes, allowing them to focus more time and energy on their families, travelling and hobbies rather than the extra time required cleaning, maintaining and repairing a larger house.
Do you wonder where to shop for all the smaller stuff?
Living in a small space forces you re-consider everything that you purchase, not only because you have less available space, but also because everything is visible. We can help you shop for functional and stylish small-scale furniture, compact organizers and clever space savers, whether it is for your teeny-tiny bathroom or an open-plan kitchen-dining-living area.
You can finally enjoy a small space that is big on function and style!
At Versa Style Design we use space-saving strategies and principles that optimize every square foot creating a more spacious feel, while keeping in mind your personal sense of style.
Here are some of our techniques for making any room seem larger;
- Coherent furniture positioning for increased space and ease of circulation
- We favour clean lines and right angles contributing to a sense of calm and order
- We frequently recommend a neutral or monochromatic colour palette
- We avoid using busy decorative patterns and contrasting lines.
- We share valuable tips for keeping the space tidy
- We will show you budget-friendly storage ideas for every zone
- We will also include a quick lesson on how to use lighting so your small space will appear more spacious and inviting
Here are more ideas for small space living…
Ideas for Small Spaces
Take heart – it’s not the size of the space that counts, but how you use it. Every single home can and should feel cozy, spacious and inviting. Don’t wait any longer, contact us!